Monday, December 12, 2011

Snickers Surprise

Remember when I told you all about the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap? Well, it happened! :D I was so excited to get my 3 matches and send them cookies and get some cookies back. It took me forever to decide what to make, but my dad helped me out by suggesting I send my Snickers Surprise cookies: a delicious peanut butter cookie with a mini snicker stuffed inside! Sounds good, right? So I baked, and I sent, and I waited, and soon enough I received cookies from people who received ME as a match. I got some delicious Almond Crescents, Peanut Butter cookies with a reese's cup inside, and Compost Cookies...they were all fantastic! And presented so beautifully! I tried to take some pictures but my family gobbled them all up! xD It was a great experience...I want the people who sent me cookies to know how much I truly appreciate it, and I hope those who received my cookies enjoyed them :) And a big thanks to The Little Kitchen and Love and Olive Oil for putting the whole thing together!! To subscribe and receive info about next year's swap, you can go here.

Snickers Surprise Cookies

Ingredients:
½ c. butter
½ c. creamy peanut butter
½ c. granulated sugar
½ c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 ½ c. flour
½ t. baking soda
½ t. baking powder
30 mini snickers

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add to peanut butter mixture. Take 1 tablespoon of dough and flatten into round shape in palm of your hand. Place Snickers bar in center and fold dough around it. Roll in palms of your hand to form a smooth ball with the Snickers bar totally covered with the dough. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and place on a wire rack to cool.






3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm so glad I found you. When I got your cookies in the mail I tried looking for you online but couldn't. I'm so glad I saw your post on the round-up. Thank you so much for the Snickers surprise cookies -- they are delicious. We still have a few left but they're so good we have one every night for dessert. :-) Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow- these look ReDunkULous!
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete